½ cup butter/margarine
100 g (3.5 oz) parev dark chocolate broken up into pieces
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup mini marshmallows or chopped marshmallows
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
How to do it
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
2. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the chocolate with the butter/margarine over low heat, stirring until melted. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the sugar to the chocolate mixture and stir till combined. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until combined. Add the vanilla, flour baking soda and salt and mix.
4. Add the nuts (optional) and half the marshmallows.
5. Line a medium sized baking pan (20 cm/8 inches square) with baking paper and grease well with non-stick spray.
6. Pour in the batter and then sprinkle the rest of the marshmallows on top of the brownie batter.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Leave to cool and then cut into bars.