1 large onion chopped
2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
1 800g can of crushed tomatoes
Salt and black pepper
1 teaspoon of sugar
3 cups of milk
1 ½ cups of frozen corn kernels (no need to defrost)
How to do it
1. Saute the onions until they are soft
2. Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper and bay leaf and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the milk and the sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup with a hand blender until it’s smooth.
5. Add the frozen corn and bring to the boil and simmer until the corn is hot (about 2 minutes).
Serves about 6. Serve with fresh bread.