275 g (10 oz) dark chocolate
225g (8 oz) butter or margarine
3 large eggs
1 cup (225 g/8 oz) brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
115 g (4 oz) or just under 1 cup self raising flour
115 g (4 oz) chocolate chips (dark or white)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
How to do it
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together over low heat till smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla, and then stir in the melted chocolate.
4, Fold in the flour, chocolate chips and pecans.
5. Line a 30 x 20 cm (12 x 8 in) baking tin with baking paper, and spray with cooking spray. Pour the mixture in and bake for 35-40 minutes. Don’t over-bake if you want a gooey brownie.
6. Leave to cool and then cut into squares.
Makes 12 large brownies.