This recipe works for the equivalent of 2 cut up chickens.
For the marinade, mix together:
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon chicken or meat spice
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup oil
1 cup spicy chutney
1 one large can of apricots including the juice (I mash the some of the apricots with a potato masher)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use low fat)
20 peeled baby onions (or 4 onions cut up in quarters)
2 peppers chopped up (any colors you like)
2 small containers of fresh mushrooms washed and stemmed
How to do it
1. Marinade the chicken pieces in the sauce and leave for a few hours (overnight if possible but not essential)
2. In a large pan or wok, fry onions and pepper until slightly soft, and add the mushrooms for another minute.
3. Mix the vegetables into the chicken in the sauce. Place in a large over-proof dish and cover with foil
4. Bake at 200°C (400°F) for half and hour
5. Uncover and lower the heat to 190°C (375°F) and bake for about one hour, or till chicken is ready (starts to come off the bone), basting about every 15 minutes.
Serve over rice