2 medium sized potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes (1cm)
1 large onion finely diced
3-4 cloves of garlic crushed
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
About 1 tablespoon each of fresh chopped parsley and rosemary (you can increase these quantities to taste)
3 large eggs beaten
200 g (7 oz) sour cream (one container)
100 g (3½ oz) softened butter
150 g (about 1½ cups) grated Parmesan cheese
1¾ cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon salt
How to do it
1. In a pot of salted water, boil the cubed potatoes until just soft, drain and allow to cool down.
2. Saute the onions in the olive oil until just golden brown. Add the garlic and saute for about a minute. Remove from the heat.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
4. In a medium size down, combine the potatoes, onions, garlic and the rest of the ingredients.
5. Fill your muffin cups to ¾ full. They will not even out in the oven, so you can smooth them out if you are concerned about appearances.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins start getting golden brown on top.
Optional: Grate extra cheese and sprinkle it over the muffins as soon as they come out of the oven.
Serve warm. Makes about 18-20 muffins.