500 ml (1 pint) non-dairy cream
1½ cups sugar
5 eggs separated
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
3 tablespoon instant coffee granules
50g (2 oz) grated dark or semi-sweet chocolate (parev)
How to do it
1. In a large bowl, beat the non-dairy cream until it’s stiff.
2. Add the egg yolks, vanilla and sugar and beat well.
3. Divide the mixture in two (if you decided to only make one flavor, then don’t divide the mixture, and double the quantities of the flavoring in step 4 below that you choose)
4. In one bowl, add the coffee liqueur and the coffee granules and mix well till combined. In the other bowl, add the grated chocolate and mix well (Tip: Instead of grating the chocolate, you can also use a large, sharp knife to roughly slice it).
5. In a mixer, beat the egg whites until they are very stiff. Fold into each of the flavors (half and half) until the whites are combined and you have a creamy consistency.
6. Pour each flavor into a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and freeze.