1 cup coarsely ground walnuts or pecans
1 cup Petit Beurre cookies finely ground
2 tablespoons of sugar
½ cup melted butter or magarine
450g (16 oz) semi sweet chocolate cut into squares
1 cup sweet cream or non-dairy cream
6 beaten eggs
¾ cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
How to do it
1. Line a 28 cm (8 inch) springform pan with baking paper and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Combine the nuts, cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter/margarine in a medium sized bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan, and press it a little up the sides as well so you have formed a shallow “bowl” of crust. Place in the freezer to set until your filling is ready.
3. Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
4. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt chocolate and cream together over a low heat, until all the chocolate has melted completely. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs, sugar and flour and beat for up to 10 minutes or until the mixture is think and lemon colored.
7. Pour the chocolate filling into the pan and make for 40-45 minutes or until the cake has puffed up almost to the center. Remove and cool before serving.
Tip: Cut this cake by dipping a long knife into boiling water. Clean and dip after each slice for smooth slices.