1 350g (12 oz) bag heavy couscous
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium carrots finely diced (a fine dice means that the slice should be about 2 mm wide at most – the width about 5 mm)
2 sticks celery diced
1 large onion chopped
2 red peppers chopped
1 cup frozen or canned corn
4-5 cloves of garlic crushed
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
A dash of cumin (optional)
How to do it
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet.
2. Add the onions, carrots, celery and red peppers and saute until they are just softening (about 4-5 minutes). Add the garlic and stir.
3. Add the corn, parsley and other spices and saute until the corn is thawed.
4. Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the bag. Make sure to toss the couscous through with a fork once it’s done.
5. Mix the couscous and the vegetables together.
Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. Serves about 8.