4 boned and skinned chicken breasts (2 doubles) cut into strips about 2 cm or less than an inch wide.
3 cloves garlic crushed
1 teaspoon chopped coriander
½ teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Juice of half a lemon or lime
4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1 cup coconut milk
How to do it
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for about 5 minutes. Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers – no more than two per skewer. Set aside.
2. Mix together all the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens. Allow to sauce to cook down a little.
3. Spoon about two thirds of the sauce over the skewers, turning the skewers to make sure all the sides are coated. Allow the the skewers to sit for about half an hour. (Tip: You can cover the tips of the skewers in foil so they don’t burn – if you have the energy!)
4. Pre-heat your oven grill. Cover a baking tray with foil and spray it with non-stick spray or lightly oil it. Place one layer of skewers on the baking tray and place the tray on the highest rack in the oven. Grill for no longer than 4-5 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining skewers if you didn’t get them all in the oven in the first batch.
5. Reheat the remaining sauce and serve with the skewers. Serve with a super quick and easy Asian pasta salad
Serves about 4-5.