1 cup sugar
1½ cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup oil
1 tablespoon vinegar (yes indeed!)
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
1 cup cold water
How to do it
1. Preheat oven to 180°c, grease a 24 cm dish
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl (no mixer required)
3. Add all liquids and mix together till combined
4. Pour into prepared dish or you can make them as cupcakes.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or for cupcakes, bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
You can top this cake with a chocolate glaze – 150g parev chocolate melted into 100ml non-diary cream.