2 cups of crushed salted pretzels (quantity after crushing)
½ cup smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter/margarine
2 cups whipping cream/non-dairy cream
2 packets instant vanilla pudding
150g (5 oz) dark chocolate
¼ cup butter/margarine
¼ cup milk/non-dairy cream
How to do it
1. Finely crush the pretzels in a food processor (you won’t get them completely crushed, but get them as fine as you can)
2. Melt the butter/margarine, and microwave the peanut butter on medium for about 20 seconds, just until it loosens up (not longer otherwise it will split), add both to the pretzels and mix well.
3. Cover the bottom of a 26 cm (10 inch) spring form pan with baking paper and evenly spread the pretzel crust over the bottom (Tip: use the bottom of a measuring cup to get an even surface). Place in the fridge or freezer to set for about 10 minutes.
4. Lightly whisk the cream until it just starts thickening (don’t beat otherwise the vanilla cream will become too hard once the pudding is added)
5. Add the vanilla pudding powder and mix well.
6. Spread over the crust and return to the fridge to set (at least an hour)
7. Break the chocolate up into small pieces and place in a small saucepan with the ¼ cup butter/margarine and the ¼ cup milk/cream. Melt over low heat while stirring.
8. Evenly spread over the vanilla and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.