Everyone has their own method for roasting peppers. This is the one that’s been working for me for years.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Slice the cheeks of the peppers you wish to roast (to to bottom of the bulging parts) and this way you don’t get the white bits.
- On an oven tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle some olive oil and place the pepper slices skin side down in an even layer. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place in the upper part of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Then, using tongs, turn the pieces over and roast for another 20-25 minutes, or until the skins start blackening.
- Remove from the oven and place the peppers in a small plastic bag and seal. Leave them for at least 15 minutes. Then remove the pepper skins – they should slide off easily.