200 ml (6.7 fl oz) sour cream (minus 1 tablespoon to be set aside for the topping)
1 cup caster sugar
1½ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon ground cardamom (hel)
1 tablespoon sour cream (that you had set aside)
About 1¼ cup of powdered (icing sugar)
How to do it
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
2. Line the bottom of a small 20-24 cm (8-9 inch) spring form pan with baking paper and spray the insides.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the egg. Add all but 1 tablespoon of the sour cream and whisk to combine. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and cardamom and carefully blend together by folding the dry ingredients into the wet. Don’t over beat – the mixture should be a little lumpy.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean (don’t over bake). Remove from the oven and allow to cool down before removing from the pan.
5. Mix together the topping ingredients and make sure it’s not too runny but will just ooze down the sides of the cake (add more powdered sugar if necessarily.)