1 cup vegetable oil
1¾ cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons cinnamon powder
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1 cup dried cranberries, raisins or chocolate chips or a combination thereof (optional)
How to do it
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
2. Grease two 20x10cm (8×4 inch) loaf pans or one 28 cm (11 inch) spring-form pan. Or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
3. In a mixer, beat the eggs and add the oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla.
4. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, as well as nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit, if using, and stir into the egg mixture.
5. Divide the batter into prepared loaf pans, muffin cups or pour into the baking pan.
6. Bake loaves for 45-55 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Muffins will bake far more quickly, approximately 15-20 minutes.