My friend Anne-Maree, who lives in Canada, asked me to post the original recipe for my Orange Noodles so the Americans can make it quicker than us Campbell soupless Israelis. So I went to the source, my sister-in-law Debbie, and she kindly sent me her recipe.
ORANGE NOODLES – THE AMERICAN VERSION
2 cans of Campbell’s tomato soup
2 or more cups of grated cheddar cheese (the more the gooier right, says Debbie, and she’s right)
500g (1lb) elbow or macaroni noodles
2-3 cups of Kellogs cornflakes seasoned with a little onion powder, garlic powder and pepper (I add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to bind it as it cooks)
How to do it
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F)
2. Spray a lasagna pan with non-stick spray
3. In a large pasta pot, cook the noodles according to the directions on the bag.
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and add to the pasta.
5. Spread into the lasagna pan and sprinkle the cornflakes on top.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the top begins to turn golden brown.